The professional social network, LinkedIn, that has just gone public, and whose potential is extremely large, is a new workplace located in the cloud in that if they take things seriously enough, can become the ideal place to improve your work perspective. Since you never miss a single job opportunities, or fail to be aware of what can be done by your contacts and that may be of interest to your work life.
For the modern social networking, here are 10 things that increase your connections on LinkedIn, because as with any social network, good and varied connections are what make you succeed online:
- Add to your ‘real’ contacts: use the LinkedIn browser for this.
- Patience: do not despair and start adding contacts like crazy. Use reason and thinks it gives you either accept the connection before.
- Be professional: LinkedIn talking about work. And your profile is your virtual business card. There are damages that are simply expendable.
- View your profile: place it at the end of your emails and even other personal social networks.
- Add to your co-workers: whether these direct contacts or partners in specific projects. You never know where you can get the chance.
- Search for other workers in other companies in which you have worked.
- Attention to second-level contacts may be essential.
- Do not promote your business, will by itself in its business page. Your personal profile.
- Promote you within LinkedIn: includes links to your other networks or to your blogs if you have them.
- Beware of recommendations: those that are mutual lack of professionalism can awaken.