Up to version 1.5.x Aptana Studio provides complete support for developing Web-based applications make using the PHP language, and now, since it was released the 2.0 release notes Open Source IDE replaced this medium with the Framework PDT.
PDT is not a solution acceptable to all, this is a project still under development and does not allow great freedom in developing PHP applications. Those who want to continue using Aptana with support for PHP, however, may do so by following some simple steps:
- Download and install the Eclipse Platform Runtime binary;
- Open Eclipse and go to “Window> Preferences> Install / Update> Available software site”;
- Add the repository “Http://update.aptana.com/install/studio;
- Go to “Help> Install new software”;
- Install Aptana on Eclipse 1.5.x and restart;
- Aptana PHP Eclipse install and restart;
- Add the repository: “http://download.aptana.org/tools/studio/plugin/install/studio”;
- Go to “Help> Check for new update” and upgrade to Aptana 2.0 release.
This way you can use all the features of the latest versions of Aptana without sacrificing support for PHP.