Google released an interesting blog post about one of its officers about the weight and relevance of incoming links, in the process of indexing and ranking on the search engine. Here summarize the some salient points:
- Google focuses its attention on “quality links”, hinting that there are links to different categories is the quality that counts, not quantity. Obviously knew for years, but official confirmation that says a simple thing. Do not waste time picking up low-quality links, work best on those high-profile.
- Google recommends new sites to work a lot on this site and find links in the discussion of the topic (forums, blogs, communities, groups), to offer to this audience that will ensure that resources to disseminate if they are of some use. In comments and forums should not take much to provide the resource, but to be useful not spamming and not promotional.
- The content generates spontaneous links, the extent of the usefulness of the resource. But must be patient and above all very consistent in producing quality content in order to accustom the reader to the resource and create a loyalty that leads him to recommend the page.
- Among the methods recommended by Google to get links naturally: post tutorials, video tutorials, surveys, experiments and research findings, usually offer solutions.
- Another way to unleash the whirlwind of incoming links is humor, satire, and all sorts of content that lends itself to move horizontally in all social networking sites for the comic character that distinguishes it. An example is a YouTube video circulating the social in social, generating clicks and traffic to the linked site.
- Google to build link popularity is a process of long duration. Be measured in the medium to long term, and any tactic to increasing time but not spontaneous immediate inbound links, your site is rolled on the brink of spam, in particular buying links and exchanging links randomly. This means that all links acquired through the circuits of exchange links, without monitoring the quality jeopardize the ranking of the site. The link exchange is good if it is spontaneous and if it belongs to a portfolio of inbound links quite varied.
- As for directories, Google reiterates the general concept: it has the link quality, best theme. We therefore need to focus on the themes directory, which have a very tight editorial control and they are really quality.
- The old method of following the trail of competition is always good for Google. Studying the competitors of its area of reference is useful, should not copy them, but you have to adapt their policies to your success, to repeat a winning pattern.
- With the explosion of social networking sites, then, is really a shame to give up their traffic. Thus, the content must be taken immediately and shared on these sites.
- These tips are adapted more easily to blogs, but nothing prevents the normal sites to act as if they had blogs, providing unique and engaging content and making it move in online communities of reference.