Today’s search engines can detect the contents of multimedia files is very bad, even if there were progress in recent years. Therefore, it requires special processing of web pages with multimedia content to still to be found to the right keywords.
Almost all optimizations attack stands herewith in the context, in that the object, are to be seen therefore also as a text optimization. Especially given the context in multimedia content but a whole new meaning. Only it over an image or video search engines can ever assign searchable text.
Precisely for this reason it is still not possible, a website that consists solely of a Flash movie to place much earlier in the search results. Techniques that try often use similar tricks, as the search engine spamming come to use, why such bad luck or something completely out of the index are excluded.
Basically the following methods can be used to provide a keyword rich context to the multimedia object build:
- HTML title use
- Headings used
- Short description / summary of the multimedia content
- Many things that help improve the usability and search engines:
- Bread-Crump of categorizing the Web
- Other websites on the topic (related pages), Cross-Linking
- Length / size / indicate
- alt / title attribute set
- Type of multimedia content to specify the text, such as “Photo” (after being sought!)
- If possible, text recordings (with audio / video)
All these measures should bring the text in the code as close to the multimedia object, making the connection for search engines is more visible.
Optimize the content itself
Also on the multimedia content itself, you can tweak some things. The simplest this might be the file name. Many CMS use random file names or file names generated from the ID / the contents. So a file name has a search engine, of course, says nothing. Therefore, it is important to choose the file name and find important – but a few – to accommodate keywords.
Many file types also support meta-information on the actual content. Thus, a Flash movie title or an MP3 file information about artist, album and song title is stored. This additional information should be filled with appropriate values.
At first glance surprising, but it is very logical to categorize multimedia files through the search engine. Thus, in .Jpg files more photos in .Gif files rather illustrations expected. A search engine can use this information for example, for searches, the “photo” contained. So it is also important to choose the correct file type.
The categorization can be influenced moreover by the choice of a corresponding index. Files, that in an index photo / discarded will be to find sooner than a photo.
Multimedia Library (optional)
If new multimedia content can be indexed quickly create a multimedia library. Here is a summary page, the multimedia content of the web site lists and describes all (Sitemap for multimedia content). Just when the pages of the relevant content can be involved, but little room for improvement – such as where the page must make do without a lot of text – can in the context of the multimedia library still matching search terms are combined with the contents.
By the way, you catch a cold also a summary page for the visitor of the website, which may be of interest to usability aspects.
For videos: video-sharing sites
Anyone who has ever tried to get a video too far up in the results we have noticed that YouTube is often achieved better positions in search engines and indexed faster. Especially this effect can, however, take advantage by published their own videos directly to YouTube.
- Search Engines and Web Directories
- NowRelevant – A search engine that only shows current issues
- Finally be Flash files indexed
- Search Engine Optimization for Baidu
- SimilarSites search engine looks for alternatives
- Root cause analysis with search engine spamming
- Bing search engine: New competition for Google
- Enable Code Execution in PHP files without extensions
- Search Engine World Cup fever
- How to protect yourself against content theftc?