Most visitors come from search engines and Web directories. Accordingly, you should especially here put on a good placement value.
Search engines take a large portion of visitors. But with a simple application, it is not often done. Before that you must optimize your site for search engines. First, you must provide your website with Meta tags. Think about what keywords might look at a visitor to your page. Then create a short description, occur in as many of these keywords. Now you use a meta tag generator to create the meta tags. There you can add further information about your site (such as author, copyright, language, or title). The final add meta tags, then in the head section of the web site and the page can then register with the search engines.
Here are a few important things to consider:
- Use only keywords that appear in the text of the website
- Descriptive text and keywords max 256 characters
- Meta tags always update
- Keywords in the text to emphasize (bold or headings)
- Repetitions in the text do not exaggerate (max. 5-6 times)
Some tips for a good ranking of your site:
- The meta tag ‘keywords’ (keywords) and ‘description’ (description) max. 256 characters long shape. Repeat no words in a given day (but very different meta tags in). Use the key words in the plural. In the text, you should not repeat keywords too often.
- Do not use images for navigation on the home because the search engines from indexing such pages often!
- Use of graphics in any case, the ALT tag. Some search engines recognize these tags. To help users simultaneously who surf with graphics turned off. In addition, the comment is shown when you move the mouse over the map.
- Some search engines evaluate the links leading to your pages. The more external links pointing to your pages, the better your ranking. Look for link exchange partners and write in guestbook entries always add your web address.
- If possible, use no frame start sites. But if you use the noframes area for a detailed description of your site.
- Put in the Title line meaningful sentences. The Title line appears in the search engines as a description of the search result. Through descriptive titles of the pages you draw the attention of the users on your pages and increase your ranking in search engines.
- Some search engines to index any page, if not on the server a Robots.txt is present. Create a text file and name it robots.txt. In the file among all the directories and files are named that are not to be indexed.
This should be avoided if possible:
- Long Meta Tags
- Replicates in the Meta Tags
- Too many repetitions in the text
- Text or keywords in the text the same color as the background.
In addition to these traditional search engines, there are also web directories where you should submit your site.