This is the 1st June 2009 that Bing has emerged for the first time.
Developed by Microsoft, Bing was originally called Live Search and Windows Live Search, MSN Search to finally bring its final name Bing.
Regularly compared to the giant in the field that no one can ignore (Google), Bing offers search options similar to those of its competitor: web sites, images, videos, shopping, news, maps (Bing Maps) and travel.
In Europe and the United States, it’s been 2 years since Bing share gains in traffic each month.
Recently, it maintains its position at 2nd largest search engines in European countries (Germany, Spain, France and United Kingdom).
Grouped with Yahoo recently, Bing has 30% of searches conducted in the United States on engines in April against 65.4% for Google. While far behind, Bing still holds shares in significant traffic.
What criteria Bing takes to reference a site in its index? Here are some important criteria for Bing:
- Add a Sitemap
- Caring for title tags, description and header
- Use the tag “Strong” to highlight the important keywords in the text content
- Use tags <h1> (one page), <h2>, <h3>
- Many content
- More weight to pages with more than 300 words
- Using relevant keywords
- One topic per page
- Unique content
- Penalty for sites that contain hidden content
- Small in size pages
- Maximum image size: 150 KB
- Insert instead the important keywords in the text and not just tags Flash, Images.
- A simple page structure and hierarchy achievable in 3 clicks or less from the Home
- No orphan page (no link)
- Preference for links in content
- More weight given to sites of authority
- Consideration of site age
- NDD privileged: those who have a keyword in the title
Bing Webmaster Center, a new tool
In view of the meteoric rise of Bing, Microsoft decided to expand its interface for webmasters and launches Bing Webmaster Center.
A platform similar to that of its direct competitor offers:
- to include one or more sites
- monitoring tools referencing or indexing pages
- measure the performance of keywords
- backlinks to drive
- in submitting sitemaps
- validate robots.txt file
Some operators of commands from Bing
Here are 3 commands that will help you with your referencing Bing:
- Number of indexed pages: [site: nomdusite.ext]
- Sites sharing the same accommodation that is provided with the IP: [ip: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]
- List of sites to which you link: [linkfromdomain: nomdusite.ext]
These are some details to quickly understand the meteoric rise of Bing.
- How to be better referenced on Bing?
- SEO for bing
- Now it has been proven – Bing “steals” on Google
- Bing prepares to make its engine much more social
- Bing search engine: New competition for Google
- Search Engines and Web Directories
- The principles of SEO Internet
- Use Metatags
- Dynamic Sites and URL rewriting
- Audit Referencement