What are the really essential for a successful referral? Here give some advice:
- First think about SEO before you start developing the site. Optimizing the structure of the site and its pages will be much more successful. Seek to integrate SEO after the site is already online is more difficult and generally less effective.
- Clearly define the keywords that characterize the content and offers on the site, while calibrating them with the actual demand of Internet users. The search engines will allow the acquisition of traffic and visibility, but it must first clearly define their communication objectives for a comprehensive approach consistent.
- Work content and regularly add new information.
- Without going into technical details of optimization largely explained on this blog, avoid blocking factors, use software detecting broken links and open an account for Google Webmaster Tools to see how Google indexes the site.
- Use different media to enrich its content and use the opportunities offered by the universal search.
- Expand the net linking, thinking first of all to the quality of ties rather than their quantity: consistent thematic, semantic context, sites good reputation and trust.
- Pre-reference the site by developing a few pages summarizing the theme of the site to come and gain some trust relationships, especially important if the domain name is new.
- Thinking primarily to end users before thinking of search engines. This puts the user at the center of the traffic acquisition strategy will determine the site structure and content generation. Satisfaction research and the expectations of the Internet is the primary condition for the sustainable acquisition of targeted traffic.
- Establishing a monitoring and analysis of website visitor behavior (eg analytics). It is important to know which keywords are most useful, what are the best ways to generate traffic on its site but also to better know our visitors to know which target and what are their motivations. This is essential to improve conversion rates.
- And contrary to popular belief, if the site is well done the following elements are far from mandatory, even for some little use, optimization of meta tags, W3C, sitemap, and even if the transaction is added to engines.
In conclusion it is good to realize that a purely technical and only referencing is usually doomed to failure.