The popular social networking Twitter has just completed the purchase of the Californian startup BackType, a company that helps companies to understand the effect of their messages to 140 characters using the tool called BackTweets, to know, for example, if a tweet posted or not attracting new potential customers. To use this service are very important companies of the IT landscape, including AOL and Microsoft. BackType was also working on the project Storm, a tool for data processing in real time very interesting.
With regard to the recent acquisition of Twitter, BackType said on their blog that “The union with Twitter gives us the opportunity to inform tens of millions of publishers around the world who are using Twitter to communicate with their audience. We are also excited to bring our technology (especially Storm) to Twitter, which can have a big impact across the enterprise.”
The BackType team will move from its current location to Twitter offices in San Francisco. Not yet been revealed details of how the social networks of the new platform will use twitter or even the terms. Although the company has already made it known that in this transition, you do not accept new members but the service will remain free for existing customers.
Recently there was a rumor that Twitter had plans to develop their own analysis tool. The acquisition of BackType could provide a foundation for that indiscretion, laying the foundation for the development of a new proprietary service.
- How effective is Twitter?
- Places Twitter: Twitter’s response to Foursquare and other geo-location social services
- 5 fatal errors in Twitter
- Biz Stone leaves Twitter
- Revised search on Twitter – now with photo results
- Google buys Picnik.com
- The start of the Social Media Optimization (SMO)
- Twitter URL Shortener : What changes with the URL shortening service owner Twitter
- Google News adds Friends, integration with Twitter
- Find the best time of the Twitter with Tweriod